This item is not permitted to be shipped, however it can be purchased online and picked up at your convenience.
A stylish, streamlined Dutch bike with Amsterdam® signature features: comfortable and efficient patented Flat Foot Technology®, full chain guard and matching full fenders. Stunning in its simplicity, yet playful with its palette.
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend.
Sep 23, 2016
This is a beautifully crafted machine
Lightweight, Comfortable, Stylish, Durable
1) This is large Bicycle, 28 inches.
2) This is very light, much lighter than expected, Electra Dutch Royal 6061-aluminum.
3) Rear hub: Shimano Nexus 3-speed: This is what makes this bike so very cool, unlike the proverbial "Ten Speed" which requires you to remember to down shift (If you can) before stopping, or take off in the gear you stopped with. The Nexus 3-speed allows you to shift up or down smoothly, even when you are stopped. You come to a relaxed stop, Click, Click and take off in first. Since it is built into the hub, maintenance, and chain oil are minimal. If you have the Dinaro, it comes in 5,8. and 11 speeds. Three is all I need though.
4) It looks much better than the images in person, the seat, and handle grips are very nice, and giving the bike a classic look.
5) The back wheel brake is inside the Nexus 3-speed, so the back brake is old school where you back pedal, much smoother, safer, and really takes the stress of the bike as rear hand can get out of line and shake the bike, or weather can render them useless.
So........ If you would rather ride without your stuck up in the air, and want a high quality looking, crafted, and painted bike for exercise, or just groove'n around, this is a very good choice.
by Nick E, Name
from Louisville KY
Aug 17, 2010
Townies are the best!
Comfortable, Stylish, Lightweight, Durable
Street Riding, Leisurely Rides, Light Trails
I love the placement of the pedals and the seat. I also enjoy the unique accessories.
from Southfield, MI
Electra Dutch Royal 6061-T6 Alloy Flat Foot Technology